Wednesday, November 10, 2010

'you need more glitter'

i love to talk about my wedding, but i dont want to be 'one of those girls' who thinks everyone wants to hear about every detail of the big day. good thing im a preschool teacher. it's almost the perfect job for me. kids dont care what you're talking to them about, just as long as you ask them questions throughout the convo. you can seriously ask a kid anything and they will always answer. if they dont understand they will just start making crap up. i always run any major decision by my four year olds. 
me- 'hey what shoes should i get for my wedding?'
kid- 'well you need shoes that are pretty but that you can play in, how bout these?' (points to her rain boots)
me- 'what should i give the guests?' 
kid- 'goody bags with glow in the dark stickers' 
me- 'where should i go for my honeymoon'
kid- 'my grandma lives in ohio' 
me- '...'

sometimes its refreshing to get simple answers. not like 'well i did this, and my sister did this and my friend said she did.....' when you're engaged all of the me-monsters think its their duty to tell you what color their tablecloths were and how they did their hair. a four year old will give you an unbiased, honest opinion every time. even though teaching preschool means i get dirty, (think every bodily fluid possible) and that i get flashed almost on a daily basis, it makes it worth it when a little girl tells you that can do whatever you want at your wedding because after all, you are the teacher, or that everyone will be so happy at your wedding because you can give them candy and play freeze dance. id rather talk to a kid about my wedding any day. one little girl told me 'its ok if you have a purple wedding dress as long as you have a white horse' which is so true.  maybe i should write a book about all the wedding advice given to me by four year olds, or maybe ill just write a blog.






1 comment:

  1. hmm.... I will never tell you what I did again!

    ReplyDelete